PLUSONE SERVICE CONTRACT
- Product means the Consumer electrical and electronic products sold by the Insured and covered under a valid Service Contract.
- You and Your refer to the owner of Product that is entitled to this PlusOne Service Contract.
- Senheng refers to SENHENG ELECTRIC (KL) SDN. BHD..
- This Senheng PlusOne Service Contract (“PlusOne Service Contract”) provides coverage for parts and labor in respect of the covered Product stated on the Senheng Sales Invoice/Receipt for covered inherent mechanical and electrical defects only and only to the extent provided by the manufacturer of the Product; and extends that Coverage for a further period commencing upon the expiry of the manufacturer’s warranty and ending on the PlusOne Service Contract Expiry Date in accordance with the PlusOne Service Contract Plan selected for that Product.
- This means that, inclusive of manufacturer’s warranty period, the Product will have a total warranty stated from the date of Senheng Sales Invoice/Receipt of the Product, subject to applicable EW Plan entitled.
- In the case of consumer products such as electronics and major appliances, the use is or has been limited to domestic and personal use. Office products such as facsimile, copiers, scanners, printers and computers are covered for office, domestic and personal use.
- If this PlusOne Service Contract covers for a computer system, this PlusOne Service Contract Plan covers the following components if purchased at the same time, all internal components resident within the computer system casing, monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers.
- On-site service charges for repairs are covered only if the original manufacturer’s warranty states on-site service. Otherwise, the customer will pay on-site service charges.
This PlusOne Service Contract is provided upon purchase of an eligible Product and only covers a Product which:
- Is purchased new from Senheng;
- In manufactured for the use in Malaysia; and
- Included at the time of purchase, the manufacturer’s complete and original warranty is valid in Malaysia.
- If the manufacturer’s warranty period for the Product has not expired, contact the manufacturer or their authorized repairer directly.
- If the manufacturer’s warranty period for the Product has expired and this PlusOne Service Contract is in effect, please call Senheng Customer Care Line at 016-299 1398 during office hours (Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 5.30pm) and our experienced Customer Service Representatives will assist in meeting your service needs. Repairs must only be carried out by the authorized repairer as directed by Senheng. No repair is allowed without authorization from Senheng.
- For all repairs, the PlusOne Membership Card and the Senheng Sales Invoice/Receipt for the Product must be presented.
- Consult your manufacturer’s instructions to determine if the failure to operate is due to circumstances that may be corrected by yourself. If the breakdown is not covered by this PlusOne Service Contract, you will be charged for the cost of repair.
SUBMISSION OF REPAIR CLAIM
It shall be a term of this PlusOne Service Contract that in event of a breakdown that may give rise to a claim for repairs under this PlusOne Service Contract, the Product covered under this PlusOne Service Contract must be presented to the authorized repairer as directed by Senheng within the PlusOne Service Contract coverage period and in any case, within fourteen (14) days of the happening such event.
This policy specifically does not apply to any liability arising out of the following:
- Damages caused by repair work or failure to perform repair work by the Insured, its agents or employees, or any other Repair Facility, its agents or employees.
- Negligence of the Service Contract Holder of any kind.
- Any defective workmanship, including but not limited to liability arising out of implied warranties of merchantability, implied warranties of fitness, and strict liability.
- Liability to anyone other than the Insured or Service Contract Holder, as the case may be.
- Any acts of fraud, or other dishonest or criminal acts of the Insured or its agents or employees.
- Property & product liability insurance.
- Use of the service in any illicit trade or transportation or in the commission of a felony.
- Products that are still covered by the manufacturer’s/dealer’s original written warranty, or the Insured’s’ dealer warranty, repairer’s warranty, or any other warranties in effect.
- Any defects that are subject to recall by the manufacturer/dealer.
- Non-operating and cosmetic items, paint, or product finish, accessories used in or with the eligible product unless covered under a separate Service Contract, cables, cords, cartridges and stylus, tapes, add-on options incorporated in a product for which options are not essential to the basic function of the Product for which the Service Contract was purchased.
- Software (including operating system and any stored data), defects resulting directly from software installation and or removal, computer virus, virus prevention, and other peripherals.
- Faults in any wiring, electrical connection or plumbing, which is not part of the Product.
- Routine maintenance, cleaning, lubrication, adjustments or alignments.
- Damage caused by accident, neglect, abuse, misuse, theft, sand, water damage, corrosion, excessive heat, battery leakage, acts of god, commercial usage, power outages or surges, inadequate or improper voltage or current (fluctuation of electrical power, lightning, static electricity), unauthorized modification, improper environment (including lack of proper temperature or humidity).
- Unauthorised modifications made to the Product and/or problems/defects arising from such unauthorized modifications; altered serial/IMEI numbers; failure to follow manufacturers’ instructions on installation, operation or maintenance; repairs performed by non-authorised repairer; any items not affecting the function of the Product; image burn.
- Reception and transmission problems resulting from external causes.
- Costs of removal or reinstallation unless specifically included in the Service Contract.
- Problems or defects not covered under the original manufacturer’s/dealer’s original written warranty, or the Insured’s dealer warranty, repairer’s warranty, or any other warranties in effect.
- Batteries, internal or external to the Product whether such batteries are rechargeable or not, and non-rechargeable OEM batteries.
- Any failure, malfunction, defect, inoperability, breakdown, disruption, or stoppage of the Product or any Product, functions or the functions of any related to, directly or indirectly any design, planning or engineering incompatibility.
- Repair, replacement or maintenance of items that have been subject to normal wear and tear such as cases, key caps, knobs, handles, batteries or mechanical parts of the Product.
- Failure to follow manufacturer’s recommended instructions for installation, operation, routine care maintenance, inspection, cleaning, removal of odors, lubrication, external adjustments etc including problems cause by a device that is not the Product, including equipment/accessories that are not OEM, whether or not purchased at the same time as the Product.
- Repairs necessitated by accidental or intentional physical damage (such as chipping, denting, scratching).
- Cracked glass due to omission, negligence or default.
- Damage due to organic infestation (from internal and/or external sources).
- Commercial use (multi-user organizations), public rental, use for profit or communal use for multi-family housing.
- Exclusions specifically stated in the Service Contract hereto.
THIS PLUSONE SERVICE CONTRACT IS NOT AN INSURANCE POLICY. IT IS A SERVICE CONTRACT PROVIDING REPAIRS FOR COVERED DEFECTS. IT DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY GUARANTEE OR PROMISE RELATING TO THE NATURE OF THE MATERIAL, WORKMANSHIP OR PERFORMANCE OF THE COVERED PRODUCT.
This PlusOne Service Contract is valid in Malaysia only. This agreement is not transferable to any subsequent owner of the Product. In the event the Product covered under this PlusOne Service Contract is replaced directly by the manufacturer, the customer must submit to Senheng the manufacturer’s delivery receipt and serial number of the new product within ten (10) days of the transaction. This PlusOne Service Contract is not transferable to another item.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Coverage will not, under any circumstances, extend to any loss or injury to a person or loss or damage to property or any incidental, contingent, special or any direct or indirect loss and consequential damages including but not limiting to losses incurred due to any delay in rendering service related to this Contract and loss of use during the period that your Product is at an authorized repairer and/or while awaiting parts.
- Senheng liability for any one (1) repair visit shall in no event exceed the market value of the Product at the time of said repair visit.
- Replacement parts will be new, original or non-original manufacturer’s parts that perform to factory specifications of the product determined at our discretion.
- Senheng will replace your Product with one of like kind and quality if the Product is not repairable or beyond economical repair. The replaced Product (the spoilt unit) shall become property of Senheng. Due to technological advances, the replacement product may be of lower retail value than the original Product. Any such replacement will immediately terminate this PlusOne Service Contract and Senheng shall has no further obligations for the remainder of the term of this PlusOne Service Contract, if any.
- The total of all benefits paid or payable under this PlusOne Service Contract while it is in force shall not exceed the original purchase price paid by You for the Product covered by the PlusOne Service Contract.
TERMINATION AND CANCELLATION
This PlusOne Service Contract shall terminate immediately in the event of any of the following:
- Subsequent sales of the Product when no written request to transfer this PlusOne Service Contract to the new owner has been received by Senheng;
- Disposal or repossession of the Product;
- Unauthorized repair, replacement or modification of the Product;
- If the product is moved out of the country of purchase, it will not be covered by this PlusOne Service Contract.
Cancellation of this PlusOne Service Contract is applicable only when the Product is returned to or exchanged by Senheng within seven (7) days from the date of purchase. No refund will be made under any circumstances for this PlusOne Service Contract.
This is the entire agreement between Senheng and the Purchaser of the Product that is entitled to a PlusOne Service Contract and no other oral or written representation is valid. In the event of any inconsistency between the English text and text in other languages, the English version shall prevail.